We’re committed to helping teachers teach at the speed of learning
Many classrooms are stuck using 20th century technology in the 21st century classroom.
Pathway Innovations and Technologies, Inc. was founded to change that. We develop technologies that empower teachers to use technology to better engage their students and help students become active participants in the classroom.
The Solo 8 and Ultra 8 are our newest products—an educational revolution powered by a USB 3.0 cord. Experience 8.0 MegaPixel resolution and 30 frames-per-second HD video that never lags. All in a document camera that costs one half of the other brands.
HoverCam document cameras are used in over 150,000 classrooms. The company holds several patents and U.S. Patents Pending covering key imaging technologies.
Where we’re headed
We’re proud to be the leader in designing the world’s most powerful document cameras. But what’s “the why” that gets us up each morning?
- Learning (and teaching) should be fun – We believe education should be highly engaging and interactive. We’re here to banish the yawns and increase the raising of hands. (Oh, I know, I know!)
- Technology should make teaching easier – We empower teachers with technology that’s easy to use. They can take advantage of all the media available to them.
- Technology should be affordable – No more just making due with decade-old equipment. We deliver higher performance at half the cost of the other brands. Affordable technology for every classroom, teacher and student.
The big idea that’s driving product development
Right now, teachers spend hours grading papers and logging results, while students struggle with organizing their notes. We envision equipping every teacher with a digital dashboard tool that gives an up-to-the minute picture on how students are doing. This includes homework, grade books, participation and an itemized analysis of where each student has the most difficulty in learning. The digital dashboard will
- Save time – Teachers won’t be bogged down by hours of grading. They’ll be able to focus their time on instruction.
- Improve communication – Parents won’t have to wait for report cards to find out how their kids are doing. Teachers will be able to share test scores and lessons with parents via email and online, as well as samples of work and actual tests.
- Empower students – Students will have a digital portfolio archiving lessons, grades, tests, blogs and more. Teachers will be able to leave comments on how they can improve and suggest additional resources. Students will be able to easily access teachers’ lessons and notes.
Introducing the GuruBook
Our GuruBook is the company’s first product towards that vision. The GuruBook is a full-fledged Android tablet and document camera tool that can be used not only for instruction but also to capture, grade, analyze and share students’ work. It will also capture teachers’ lessons and notes.
- First 3.0 MegaPixel USB 2.0 document camera priced under $200 (2010, T3)
- First document camera to incorporate two cameras (2010, Kudos 3 and 2011 Neo 3)
- World’s fastest 5-MegaPixel USB 2.0 document camera (2011, Solo 5)
- World’s first pocket-size document camera and scanner (2013, Mini 5)
- World’s first SuperSpeed USB 3.0 document camera with 8-MegaPixel resolution and 30 frame/sec speed over USB (2014, Solo 8)
- ASR zoom – a new method of digital zoom without degradation (2014)
- World’s first Android document camera, an Android tablet with a document camera seamlessly integrated (2014, GuruBook)
- Recognized by Inc. 500 as one of America’s fastest growing companies (2014)
- “Best New Document Camera” award at INFOCOMM, rAVe Publications (2014)
- World’s first document camera combining 8.0 MegaPixel resolution with up to 60 frames/sec speed; HDMI, VGA, USB 3.0 outputs; and a touch screen control LCD preview monitor (2015, Ultra 8)
- “Best New Document Camera” award at INFOCOMM 2015, rAVe Publications (2015)
Ji Shen, CEO
Craig Justice, Vice President of Sales