View and Control Your HoverCam Using Your Tablet, Wirelessly
Capture Ideas Easily and Engage Students Effortlessly, Wirelessly
The HoverCam Solo 8 – Splashtop Classroom Bundle allows teachers to view and control their desktop, applications and the live HoverCam image on their tablet from anywhere in the classroom. Teachers can share their desktop screen and HoverCam image with three 3 devices for the $399 bundle package or up to 40 students’ devices - including Chromebooks and iPads – allowing them to view and control the lesson content directly from their desk with the $449 package. Splashtop Classroom and the HoverCam Solo 8 are perfect for teachers and instructors who want to engage and interact with every student in the entire room, wirelessly!
Get Your Free 30-Day Trial Today!
Click here to request your no risk, no obligation, free trial!
View and Control from AnywhereTeach from all four corners by:
- + Untethering yourself from the front of the class by wirelessly connecting your tablet to your computer to view and control anything as if you were right in front of your computer.
- + Accessing the HoverCam image and your existing applications directly from your tablet – no need to relearn or ‘buy an app for that’. Use what you already know and have paid for – even your Smart Notebook lessons and tools!
Annotate Over ContentTurn your tablet into an IWB by:
- + Drawing over any content – including live video and the HoverCam image.
- + Taking snapshots of the screen, then save and share them with students.
- + Drawing over blank, ruled or graph backgrounds – or include your favorite worksheets.
- + Using the spotlight and screen shade tools to keep students focused.
Share Lessons with StudentsBoost student engagement by:
- + Displaying Your HoverCam image on students’ devices1
- + Passing control to let individual or groups of students interact with your HoverCam image and other content without leaving their seats.
- + Capturing students ideas easily using the whiteboard tools2
- 1 – Supports Chromebooks, iPads, Android devices, Macs and PCs.
- 2 – Supports iPads and Android devices (Chromebooks, Macs and PCs coming soon!)
The HoverCam – Splashtop Bundle Includes:
HoverCam Solo 8 document camera with Flex software for instruction and recording. A single user, one year subscription to Splashtop Classroom for the computer to make the HoverCam wireless. – allowing the teacher to view and control the Solo 8 from their tablet, annotate over content then share with students devices. Works with up to 3 devices. $399 (An optional Classroom license allowing up to 40 devices costs $449, including the Solo 8.) A single-user, one year subscription to Splashtop Mirroring 360 to display the teacher or students’ iPad, Chromebook, PC or Mac to the teacher’s desktop (and projector or large screen display if connected).
How It Works
Install the Splashtop Classroom software onto your PC or Mac (after the usual HoverCam FlexView and FlexCap installation) Install the Splashtop app onto yours and your student devices (download the Splashtop Classroom app for your devices from the relevant app store) Launch the Splashtop app and connect to your PC/Mac to view and control your desktop Your computer desktop and HoverCam image will be displayed on your tablet. You are now untethered and completely mobile in the classroom with full control over the computer’s desktop and the HoverCam image on your tablet. With your tablet, you can annotate, zoom in, zoom out, record, explain and interact with students. Optionally share your desktop with your students by starting a sharing session – students join by either snapping the QR code or entering the session code Students are initially in view-only mode – to pass control, choose the student from the teacher session manager panel Use Splashtop’s “Mirroring 360” to display the image from your tablet to the projector or large screen display without any additional hardware.