Skip to content
Easier, Better Way for Teachers to Record Video
- Recording video with a smartphone or tablet is jittery without a stand or tripod.
- Traditional document cameras don’t record video, or, record low resolution video to SD cards with limited storage making it troublesome and time-consuming to share.
A challenge when recording video with a smartphone or tablet is stability – a tripod or stand may not always be available. And, after you record the video or video clips on the device, how are you going to transfer the video to a computer to use the best editing tools or share it? This is a problem with traditional document cameras, where video is recorded to an SD card. How are you going to upload video from the SD card? How much time is that going to take?
The HoverCam Solo 8 document camera was designed with a powerful microprocessor and an 8.0 MegaPixel sensor to record high definition 1080p video at 30 frames per second over a USB cable directly to a computer’s hard drive. The quality of HoverCam’s recorded video is stunning. No lag. No blurry images. It’s the only document camera that records full-motion high-resolution video over USB – with most other document cameras recording at lower resolution, lower speeds and with video recording time limited by the size of inconvenient SD cards. With the Solo 8, you can record hours and hours of video footage directly to your computer, without the extra step of transferring video to the computer. Furthermore, the Solo 8 allows annotation over video while recording to enhance a lesson. When finished, upload the video to Dropbox, TeacherTube or your website right from the HoverCam software.
The Solo 8 weighs just over two lbs. and has a small base so it’s easy to position the camera anywhere. It has a flip-up camera head that is fully rotating and a bendable arm to record video in almost any direction. Record video of students at the back of the class – or record up-close to reveal amazing features of objects. Solo 8 records and plays back in HD 1080p resolution with the speed and clarity you expect to see from your HDTV at home. More importantly, having that HD camera fitted to the HoverCam’s arm allows you to record stable, non-jittery video, whether you’re a math teacher recording solving a problem with pencil and paper or a third grade teacher recording a lesson with manipulatives.
The HoverCam Solo 8 is more than just a “document camera.” It’s a teacher’s best friend for easily recording and playing back high-quality HD 1080p video using the computer and for “flipping” the classroom. To find out more, please visit www.thehovercam.com/products/solo-8.
- HoverCam is designed with a stand so images are never jittery.
- HoverCam Solo 8 records 1080p video at full-motion speed directly to the computer hard drive making it easier to record, edit and share high quality video.
- Video recording in schools is increasing with more teachers “flipping” their classroom and video recording used to assess how well students present and comprehend material.